Rogue Amoeba's great audio recording software Audio Hijack Pro has been updated to 2.9 and features a more polished user interface with better ID3 tagging and artwork for MP3 recordings. Hijack Pro is a very capable and easy to use audio recorder for capturing audio from any source on a Macintosh, or from external line or microphone inputs. I've been using it for a while now and it's always been reliable and smooth in use. Definitely worth checking out the trial if you are in looking for something to capture audio.
Key features of Audio Hijack Pro:
- Able to use VST and AU plugins (comes with it's own as well as any you have installed). These effects can be flexibly organised using a matrix style grid allowing you to create and save unique recording setups.
- Captures audio from web browsers, Skype, DVD, applications, Web radio streams etc.
- Quick recording bin allows for fast set up and recording.
- Records to pretty much all the main audio file types directly. AIFF, MP3, AAC, Lossless AAC, etc. all fully customisable.
- Able to schedule recordings and split a file or pause when silence occurs.
- Can grab all system audio from all applications into one file.
- Good metering and can be controlled via Applescript
- Works with Fission a separate lossless editor if required or you can point Hijack Pro to edit using your preferred application (e.g. Audacity, Wave Edit, etc.)
- 50 effects plugins included from 4FX and Steve Harris (LADSPA compatible as well as VST and AU).
For full details of Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro see the product page